The institutional Policy for Promotion of Research
The progress of the nation depends on its sustained growth of education and research in science and technology. Applied research is an essential component of the mandate of Fatima Mata National College (Autonomous). Fatima Mata National College will continue to disseminate of knowledge and transfer technology at the local, national and international level. To fulfill this service role Fatima Mata National College must establish relationships to interact with local, national and international communities, maintain the trust and confidence of these larger communities, and provide a venue for unbiased inquiry, which is necessary to discover knowledge through research. The research policy of the college is also aims to create and support a research culture among its teachers, staff and students and leverage it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of the faculty members; for developing and promoting scientific temper and research aptitudes of all learners; for realising the vision and missions of the college.
Objectives of the Research Policy
- To provide a modality of for proper coordination of all research activities of the college and aligning these to the vision and missions of the college and national development goals.
- To identify and inform researchers about the appropriate research opportunities announced by different academic, research, industry or government organisations.
- To promote interdisciplinary research and establish modalities for preparing and undertaking joint research projects covering more than one knowledge domain as well as policies or involving external agencies/experts in such projects
- Research projects of students undertaken as part of the curriculum or for enriching it
- Publication, presentation and communication of the research outcomes and related activities
- To develop rules, procedures and guidelines for granting study leave, sabbatical leave, duty leave, reduction in workload, etc. for faculty members undertaking research activities
- To identify and establish linkages including MOU s for long term relationships with national and international research organisations for widening, the scope of research opportunities and funding options available to the teachers and students of the college.
- To foster scientific temper.
- To encourage and facilitate the publication of the research work/projects in reputed academic journals and also to encourage and facilitate the presentation/communication of the research work/projects as well as their findings and recommendations through academic events such as workshops/seminars/guest lectures or the media.
- To prepare and implement a research quality assurance mechanism for ensuring that all research activities of the college conform to standard quality specifications.
- To develop, prescribe and administer rules and procedures to ensure the compliance of all researchers to the research quality assurance framework, the research code and all the applicable rules and regulations.
Composition of Research Cell
Research Cell will have the following composition
Principal - Chairperson
Convener - Member Secretary
Four teachers - Members
Research student representatives – Members
Research Cell may be expanded with the inclusion of more members as necessary. It may also set up and promote 'Action Groups' for managing specific projects/activities.
Research Policy Implementation Mechanism
The Research Cell of the college shall be responsible for implementing this research policy the college by working closely with the college management. The specific roles and functions of the research cell will be as follows
1. Assist the faculty in undertaking research and will work with the college management to set up a research fund for providing seed money.
2. Provide research facilities in terms of laboratory equipment, research journals aid research incentives etc. required by the faculty.
3. Promote and uphold a research culture (eg. teaching work load remission, opportunities for attending conferences etc.).
4. Encourage the faculty to undertake research by availing FOP and also collaborating with other research organisations/ industry.
5. Organise workshops/ training programmes/ sensitisation programmes are conducted by the institution to promote a research culture on campus.
6. Invite industry to use the research facilities of the college and sponsor research projects.
7. Approach National and international organisations such as UGC, ICSSR, ICHR ICAR, ICMR, MoeF, Western Ghat cell, KSCSTE, ICPR, DST, DBT,BRNS, CSIR, DRDO, SERB, UNESCO, UNICEF to fund major and minor research projects undertaken by the faculty.
8. Develop and implement an official Code of Ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism In research.
9. Facilitate Interdepartmental/interdisciplinary research projects.
10. Institute research awards.
11. Create incentives for the faculty who receive state, national and international recognition for research contributions as well as research awards and recognition from reputed professional bodies and agencies.
12. Encourage and promote the publication of research articles by the faculty in reputed/ refereed journals.
13. Create and maintain a database of research work and research projects undertaken by the faculty and students as well as collect data by metrics such as Citation Index, Impact Factor, h-index, SNIP, SJR, etc.
14. Publicise the research expertise and consultancy capabilities available in the college.
15. Prepare Rules & Guidelines for Grant of Research related leave and other remissions.
16. Prepare Guidelines for design and evaluation of curriculum oriented research projects.
17. Prepare a college research agenda with relative priorities.