- Topical lecture on spectroscopy and solid state chemistry by Dr. Krishnan, Associate Professor, University College Trivandrum on 7th and 8th June 2012
- Quiz programme, lecture competition, cultural programmes conducted by chemistry forum
- Fatima chemistry Alumni Association (FCCA), annual meeting conducted on 25th NOV 2012
- FCCA launched their website 0n 27th NOV 2012 (www.fmncchemalumni.in)
- Class wise PTA meetings conducted
- An instrumentation room was set up
- Re union of BSc 1984-87 batch on 27th MAY 2012
- Ph.D awarded to Mrs. Apsara.AP in MAY 2012, by University of Kerala
- Dr.Suma.N secured the Second best paper award in Rubber Chemistry and Technology (published in Indian journal of Natural Rubber Research, 1992) in OCT 2012.
- Mrs.Mary Nancy got the best poster prize in the 4th Inter National Conference on advanced Nano materials in OCT 2012.
- Princy Varghese & Remya Raj secured 1st & 2nd Rank in BSc Polymer Chemistry, University of Kerala
- Aparna Balan qualified UGC NET in JAN2012
- Resmi.VS(II Bsc Chemistry) & Akshyakumar (I BSc Chemistry) won Inspire scholarship
2013 – 14
- Research centre inaugurated on 18th OCT 2013 by Rt.Rev.Dr.Stanly Roman, Bishop of Quilon and Patron of the college
- Motivational talk by Dr. Molly Marceline, Principal, University College, Thiruvananthapuram on 18th OCT 2013.
- Inauguration of Chemistry forum by Dr.Thomas Mathew, Cardiologist on 29th NOV 2013
- Topical lecture on advanced Spectroscopic Techniques given by Dr.Krishnan, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, University College, Thiruvananthapuram on 16th& 17th JUN 2013.
- Quiz and Lecture competitions conducted by Chemistry forum.
- Class wise PTA meetings conducted.
- Mrs.Sarau Devi was awarded Ph.D by University of Kerala in March 2014.
- Praveen Sam Panicker (BSc Chemistry) bagged prize for best male singer-JCI, Kollam
- Rincy Sebastian 1st Rank in BSc Polymer Chemistry.
2014 – 15
- State level seminar conducted on Green Chemistry, Environmental and Economic benefits on 24th JUN 2014.
- Chemistry Forum Inauguration was held on 21stOctober 2014. The function was inaugurated by the former Vice Principal Prof. L. Justus. A short film prepared by the students of the department was exhibited during the function.
- Net coaching classes taken for PG students.
- Quiz and lecture competitions conducted by Chemistry forum on 25th February 2015.
- Workshop on microanalysis conducted in association with ACT on .
- Class wise PTA meetings conducted.
- Valedictory function of the forum was held on 26th March 2015. A farewell programme was also arranged in honour of the the retiring Head of the Department Prof. George Paul
- Mr.Sunil Culas was awarded Ph.D by University of Kerala in November 2014.
2015 – 16
- Final year PG students visited the Cashew Exports Promotion Council of India (CEPCI) Laboratory on 16th June 2015.
- Inauguration of Chemistry forum activities done by Prof. George Paul, Former HOD, Dept. of Chemistry on 11 AUG 2015.
- BSc (Chemistry) &Polymer Chemistry students visited SS Samithi, Poor Home at Mayyanadu on 19th AUG 2015.
- One day workshop conducted in association with Academy of Chemistry Teachers on 10th OCT 2015.
- Topical lecture by Dr.Manohar D Mullassery to the members of Science club on 14th OCT 2015.
- Lecture competition and Quiz competition conducted by the Chemistry forum on 17th DEC 2015.
- A state level seminar conducted on Solar Photo Chemistry- Fundamentals and applications, sponsored by STEC on 28th JAN 2016.
- Departmental PTA conducted on 29th JAN 2016.
- Minor projects submitted by Dr Saraudevi A, Dr.Manohar D Mullassery and Dr.Noeline B Fernandez
- Motivation talk by Dr.Wilma Cyril, Former HOD, Dept. Chemistry at the Valedictory function of Chemistry forum 21st MAR 2016.
- Mrs.Mary Nancy T.E. was awarded Ph.D in SEPT 2015
- Donia.L & Geethu .B. Raj secured 1st & 3rd Ranks respectively in MSc Chemistry, University of Kerala.
2016 – 17
- Departmental PTA held on 12th JLY 2016.
- Inauguration of Chemistry Forum done by Prof. Paul Varghese, Former HOD, Dept. of Chemistry on 31st AUG 2016.
- A talk on ‘Prospects of research in coordination Chemistry delivered by Dr. Krishnakumar D, (a former student) Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Island on 20th SEPT 2016.
- Motivation talk conducted by Sri.S. Ganesh, a former student on ‘Rewire your brain and find a new you in you’ on 27th SEPT 2016.
- Quiz competition and lecture competition conducted by Chemistry forum on 18th JAN 2017.
- Projects sanctioned:-
1. To Dr.SarauDevi :– UGC sponsored for Rs.341000/-
2. To Dr. Manohar D Mullasery :– UGC sponsored for Rs.490000/- & KCSTE sponsoredfor Rs.12000/-
3. To Dr. Noeline B Fernandez :– UGC sponsored for Rs.465000/- & KCSTE sponsored for Rs.13000/-
4. To Dr.Shibu Joseph ST :– BRNS-DAE sponsored for Rs.2446000/-
- Kavya Sasankan & Razeena.R II BSc chemistry secured 1st places in the elocution and essay competition respectively, held in connection with World environmental day on 9th JUN 2016.
- Ammu .J. Prasad & Saranya.US of I MSc Chemistry secured 2nd place in the Inter Collegiate quiz programme conducted at SN College, Kollam on 28th SEPT 2016
- KSCSTE Sponsored One day Seminar on "Solar Photochemistry-Fundamentals and Applications" Jan 28, 2016
- State Level Seminar on "Advanced Spectroscopic Techniques" Nov 22, 2017
2018 – 19
Reunion of 1984-87 BSc Chemistry Batch
Dr. Shaji Jose, Chief Medical officer, Govt. District Ayurveda Hospital, Kollam visited and conducted discussion class on “Public Health and Ayurveda” on 27/06/18.
A seminar on “Plastic pollution “was conducted on 11th July 2018 to make the students aware of the adverse effects of plastics and also to give them the message of 3 R’s “ Reduce, Reuse & Recycle”